To ensure you have access to all of the Gmail features, we recommend you access Gmail using Google Chrome.
There are a few ways to access Gmail.
1) Sign in using a web browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, etc.)
The simplest way is to navigate to https://mail.google.com and sign in with your username – which is your email address and your password.
2) Access Gmail from another Google App
Alternatively, you can access Gmail by clicking the Gmail icon in the apps launcher when using other Google Workspace apps, such as Google Drive.
3) Setup your email on your smartphone and tablet
For mobile devices, you can download the Gmail app from the Google Play Store (for Android) or the Apple App Store (for Apple devices).
4) Get Gmail on your desktop with Google Chrome
If you would like to access your email straight from your desktop, you can create a shortcut to Gmail and access your email with one click on the icon.
With Google Chrome, you can create a personalized desktop shortcut that will take you directly to your Gmail inbox, simulating an app. Here is a detailed instruction sheet:
- Log in to your Gmail account while using the Chrome browser.
- Click the three dots menu in the top right corner of your browser after starting Gmail in Chrome.
- From the dropdown menu, choose “More tools” and then “Create shortcut”.
- In the pop-up box, name your shortcut.
- Make sure the “Open as window” checkbox is selected.
- Click “Create” to create a desktop shortcut for Gmail.